News Thursday, July 11, 2013
New Senior Campus Approved for Blue Springs
Springfield, MO, July 11, 2013 - O’Reilly Development Company received formal approval this week from the Missouri Health Facilities Review Committee on their presented Certificate of Need application to develop a senior living community in Blue Springs, MO. The Review Committee unanimously approved the application for 40 assisted living and 32 memory care units that will be a part of a larger continuum of care community on Adams Dairy Parkway. The entire senior community will include not only the assisted living and memory care units but an additional 76 independent living units.
Patrick O’Reilly, owner of O’Reilly Development, commented on the city’s overwhelming support “The unconditional support we have received from the City of Blue Springs, the Planning and Zoning Department and the neighborhood residents confirms the awareness of the unmet demand for senior living services as defined in our market analysis. Blue Springs is a growing community and we are excited for the opportunity to be a part of it.”
The proposed senior community will initially consist of 32 memory care units and 76 independent living units together with full community services and amenities. Both types of residents will be fully self-sustaining but enjoy some combined amenities to enhance the services and amenities to both. The memory care portion will provide complete licensed care for Alzheimer and dementia residents including all meals, life safety equipment and notifications, nursing assistance and medicine administration to name a few. The independent living residents will enjoy the freedom of independent living as a step away from homeownership and prior to any higher level of care needs.
The community will include the following living options:
- 76 Independent Living units comprised of 10 studio apartments, 40 one-bedroom units and 26 two-bedroom units. This will be a lodge style building consisting of community common areas, offices, commercial kitchen, beauty shop, and exercise and social rooms. All units will have fully equipped kitchens and include washer and dryer units.
- 32 Memory Care units will be connected to the independent living building designed for its independent operations and living but allowing for economical sharing of staff and other services. Each unit will be designed for the safety and comfort of cognitively impaired residents. They will include private baths which include walk-in showers, height appropriate fixtures such as toilets and sinks, and locking cabinets to protect residents from harm. The common areas will feature an open design including dining and living rooms. Life stations designed to engage through triggering memories of tasks ingrained throughout their life will also be included such as nursery care and nurturing, wardrobe to promote grooming habits and work station for a sense of purpose and accomplishment. Nurse stations will provide a hub for care partners and nurses to conduct care updates and paperwork.
O’Reilly Development prides itself on the strong and talented partnerships it brings with each successful project. The ownership and team at O’Reilly Development offer multiple years of experience in all areas of development and with a niche in senior living communities.
O’Reilly will partner with the following professionals who all have multiple years of experience in their particular profession and specifically with senior housing projects.
- SWD Architects, Kansas City, MO – architect
- Build, LLC, Springfield, MO – general contracting
- Arrow Senior Living, St. Louis, MO – operations and property management
Missouri based senior housing industry leader, Arrow Senior Management is O’Reilly Development’s partner in all senior communities. All-day dining programs, constantly evolving and expanding event programming, and dignified, respectful caregiving set the bar for O’Reilly senior living communities. Arrow will provide a varied and engaging program where a sense of community and excitement will be prevalent. A concentration on resident fitness and well-being will maintain a feeling of independence and security.
Denise Mathisen, Director of Operations & Development of O’Reilly Development noted, “Our team is excited to move forward with such a supported project. We will be closing on the land in August. Construction should start prior to the end of the year.”
O’Reilly Development Company has a 15 acre tract of vacant land under contract in Blue Springs, Missouri just south of Interstate 70 in the heart of Blue Springs. The property is located at the southwest corner of Adams Dairy Parkway and Mize Road just south of Interstate 70. A portion of the property is defined for the senior continuum of care community.
Adams Dairy Parkway is a newly developing corridor planned for up to 620,000 square feet of retail, 1.4 million square feet of office space and 12,000 residential units. In recent years, a substantial increase in retail development has brought Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Target, Kohl’s and many other retailers to the developments just north of the subject property. To the east of the site, the University of Missouri has opened its Jackson County Extension Center and the City of Blue Springs is in the process of developing Missouri Innovation Park, a 250+ care science and technology innovation park (www.bluespringsedc.com/innovation).
The City of Blue Springs has approved a new Community Center that will be located directly adjacent to this property at the southeast corner of Adams Dairy and Napoleon Boulevard. This will include a fitness center, pool and community activity areas that will benefit the residents of the O’Reilly senior living community. It will be in walking distance from the senior community with connective sidewalks.
SEE THE PARKWAY'S PROGRESS ONLINE!
Utilizing OxBlue technology, our team and partners monitor its progress online. Visitors can view images from a camera onsite to see the development as it begins to take shape.
To view the construction time-lapse camera, click here.
Members of the media can contact Brenda Raynor at 417.459.1936 or email@example.com to schedule interviews.